An Uncommon iNfestationon June 29, 2010
“Quick! Get me a Macbook Air. We must shave him! It is the only way to sap him of his strength!”
I remember when I bought the very first Macbook Pro (15″ Core Duo) that it had a set of dummy screws on the left side of the chasis that served no purpose other than to duplicate the functional screws on the right side of the machine. You see Uncle Steve strives always to maintain harmony, balance and above all, gadget homeostasis. It warms my various circuits and doodads to know that my personal electronics of choice are architected by an absolute madman.
[Science Fiction TV-Movie Title Generator T-Shirt @Topatoco!!!
There is also a PRINT of this design too!]
This ideal is evidenced most by the fact that no one ever even wants the white version of whatever Apple puts out (accept for the Macbook 13″. There seems to be a colon-ton of those things around). I suspect that, per his own special brand of megalomaniacal lunacy, Steve dreamed up the white iPhone 4 only to serve as counterpart the black one. Perhaps to give you a less favorable alternative in order to make your darker choice seem somehow more fulfilling. Choosing one thing OVER another is certainly something more to be proud of than simply taking the only thing that is available. Hell, that’s actually one of the core principals of Mac Fanboyism.
- What happened to the white iPhone 4?
- Apple: white iPhone 4 not available until second half of July, ‘more challenging to manufacture than expected‘
- Apple Delays Availability of White iPhone
- White iPhone 4: early DIY edition, with a touch of black (update: new pics with dock)
- hacksugar: iPhone 4 jailbreak accomplished but not ready for public release