Somehow “The Writers Guild” evokes imagery of shadowy figures in heavy velvet cloaks gathered around mammoth stone tables to perform sacred blood rights and cast runes. This ancient band of clandestine scribes is now on strike. They’ve struck… stricken… whatever. To be fair, the studios should just agree to remove all writing from DVD’s and downloaded shows. Heroes season 2 would be unaffected. O00hhh. Burn.
Today’s comic deals with the declining quality of the television show Heroes and the merits of its “creator,” one Mr. R. Timothy Kring. I’ve decided season 1 was a fluke. Season 2 is a testament to how little this guy understands about comic books or geekery in general.
The short list:
- The only thing we wanted to know is what happened to Peter. We still don’t know.
- Amnesia is teh kop 0uts.
- Focusing on new boring characters worked so well for LOST that we should totaly do it. I hope Dora and Diego get buried alive.
- Wiping out NY was last year’s big bad. This year’s is… wiping out..oh god.
- For instructions on how to do a new apocalypse every season, see Buffy: Seasons 1-7. Take notes.
- Mutant virus, eh? Don’t read much X-Men, huh?
- Claire’s boyfriend is a tool
- Hiro is an idiot. He was in feudal Japan about 8 episodes too long.
- Parkman’s dad is the killer? One more Hero needed Daddy issues? Seriously. Think about it for 5 seconds. Who on this show wasn’t permanently scarred by their father?
It turns out Tim Kring time traveled forward, read this post, went back in time and apologized for his transgressions. That’s certainly a different approach than we get from Lindelhof and Cuse. They are more of “Fuck off! Let me see you make a better show! Dick holes!” Where as Kring is taking the stance of “yeah, I really don’t know what I’m doing. You guys got any ideas? Where do you post your fan fics? Oh, here they are…. why are all the dudes gay?”
You can download today’s comic for your Webcomic Remixing delights here:
Have some fun with it and email your entries to comics (at) hijinksensue (dot) com.