Today is iPhone 3Gs delivery day. I’ve been refreshing FedEx’s tracking page every 45 seconds for 8 hours.
- Jun 19, 2009 4:18 AM – At dest sort facility – DALLAS, TX
- Jun 19, 2009 6:58 AM – At local FedEx facility – ADDISON, TX
- Jun 19, 2009 8:32 AM – On FedEx vehicle for delivery – ADDISON, TX
- Jun 19, 2009 10:14 AM – Driving around Dallas. Sure is a nice day for a drive
- Jun 19, 2009 11:57 AM – Still not at your house. Maybe the driver stopped for a sandwich
- Jun 19, 2009 1:34 PM – Bet you’re getting anxious now. Calm down, dick hole. It’s just a fucking phone.
- Jun 19, 2009 2:18 PM – Hey! The truck just pulled up to your house!
- Jun 19, 2009 2:19 PM – Psyche! What a dipshit.
- Jun 19, 2009 2:25 PM – No, seriously, it’s there. Go look out the window [quick take a picture of his face when he realizes… OHHH! BURN! THAT SHIT WAS PRICELESS! Send that to Fail Blog!]
And so it goes. To update my previous tale of iPhone 3GS ordering woe, Apple actually cancelled one of my orders arbitrarily. I called AT&T since Apple blamed them for the cancellation and they said both Apple and AT-AT AT&T have been randomly cancelling orders with two phones for no reason and there was nothing they could do to fix it. I placed a new order in-store and they claim it will be here in 10 days. Unfortunately both mine and my wife’s old iPhones are alread on eBay destined for new homes. Oh well. There are much worse problems to have. I hear in some parts of the world people don’t even HAVE access to 3g cellular data networks… and also they’re starving.
[this comic might be a two-parter]
Do you have a tale of waiting in line today?