My television spies tell me that Christian Slater had a show on NBC where he played a Jekyl/Hyde/normal dude/super spy. Emphasis on “had” since it’s already been cancelled.
Who knows? It could have been a great show. I have no idea. Like so many other shows it was here and gone in a flash. The en vogue thing for networks to do now is ramp up a show, produce 6 episodes, air 4 of them then cancel it when the ratings don’t fare well against the Super Bowl.
This was a banner week for “shows that I don’t watch” getting cancelled. Lambs led to the slaughter since Monday include:
- Pushing Daisies – (almost totally cancelled) Yay! I can watch it on DVD now!
- My Own Worst Enemy – See above comic, and this article
- Lipstick Jungle – Cashmere Mafia?
- Prison Break – First season was great, once they broke out of prison the premise became moot (the jury is still out on ACTUAL cancellation but all signs point to yes)
- MadTV – 14 seasons was 12 seasons too long
For those interested, I actually drew this comic. Like with actual art supplies that are in no way pixel based. Granted, I redrew it in Photoshop, but original art ACTUALLY HAPPENED. That’s unprecedented. You can see it HERE.
I was thinking about matting this with a print of the finished comic and putting it up on eBay. We’ll see if there is any interest in such a thing happening.christian slater, my own worst enemy, nbc, tv