Breaking Bad’s final 8 episodes start in less than a week. In order to prepare I am giving myself ulcers by rewatching seasons 4 and 5.1 of the most captivating show of the last decade. It is killing me. It is killing me and I love it.
The HijiNKS ENSUE Store seems to have gotten a makeover.
I have SO MANY thoughts, ideas and opinions about Breaking Bad. I could go on for pages about character motivations, growth, plot complexity, the absolute beauty with which it is shot… but, instead here are some things I posted on Twitter:
- Rewatching Breaking Bad season 4 to prep for the new eps and getting crushed under the weight of its fantasticness.
- I wonder if Aaron Paul would have grown into such unbelievable talent-pants if not for Breaking Bad. Did it awaken his latent abilities?
- I would imagine working with Cranston and Gilligan forced Paul to up his game. To play in their world he had to rise to their level.
- Not that Paul wasn’t great in season 1 but by season 4 he’s in a whole new league.
- I play this game during every Breaking Bad where I try and chart Walt’s motivation throughout the episode. Is fear, ego or pride in control?
- I also try to track Walt’s shifting layers of deception. Is he lying to himself, others, both? He moves in and out of lies so fluidly.
- Sorry. Breaking Bad Spoilers: Walt lies a lot.
And one for the road:
- My daughter is talking about Equestria Girls like they just announced Peter Capaldi is playing Twilight Sparkle.
COMMENTERS: What’s the most/longest/hardest/fastest you’ve ever binged a show/series/book/whatever? Was it worth it?
The 2013 DIGITAL FANCY SKETCH DRIVE is still going! I’m running low on funds (like I usually do this time of year), so for $20 I will draw you just about anything (within reason). Check out the details and order yours HERE.
ANOTHER THING YOU DEFINITELY SHOULD KNOW ABOUT! In addition to having her own photo restoration business, my wife has also started making super cool, ultra geeky jewelry on Etsy. You can see her Tetris necklace below and more geeky creations in her shop! The first 10 Tetris necklaces are already gone. Get in on this now, because the more orders she gets the longer the wait will be.
Tags: amc, breaking bad, tv