Friend to HE Jon Rosenberg has a new comic called “Scenes From a Multiverse.” It has pretty pictures and nerdy words. It’s like Goats, but minus the 12 years of continuity to catch up on. You will enjoy it.
Toy Story 3 is the best film of 2010 and the best Pixar film to date. The end.
It was perfect. I don’t care that it’s animated, or aimed at kids or CG or that it has one extra dimension. That movie is a gee-dee masterpiece of story telling. I cried real human-style tears for at least the last 15 minutes.
[Science Fiction TV-Movie Title Generator T-Shirt @Topatoco!!!
There is also a PRINT of this design too!]
I’m not going to do a full review, but I do want to list a few things that I especially enjoyed and others that pushed Toy Story 3 past Pixar‘s typical fabulousness and straight into “Best Picture Oscar” territory:
- The entire opening sequence. I haven’t laughed that hard at another movie this year.
- The improv toy troop
- Spanish Buzz. “El Vaquero!”
- Mr. Tortia Head
- The incinerator scene. I completely forgot I was watching a cartoon at that point.
- Lotso’s complete lack of redemption
- Woody’s realization that he had to let Andy go
- Andy’s “one last play” with the toys
Buh! I’m starting to mist up again. I better go Watch the first 8 minutes of Up! so I can calm d…BLOOOHOOOO HOOOHOOOO HOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!
- Toy Story 3.5 is coming next year
- This “Toy Story” Film Dominates Box Office
- The Nearly Eleven Year Wait For TOY STORY 3 Is Worth It, Says The Enemy!!!
- Toy Story 3 has something other summer movies don’t: storytelling.
Please share your thoughts on Toy Story 3 in the comments. Try to keep SPOILERS to a minimum but be warned that THE COMMENTS MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS!!!!!