FUNDRAISER UPDATE: 33/100 prints are sold. I have to sell the rest by the end of January if I’m going to be able to pay my taxes.
The “Daddy/Daughter Digital Drawing Time” print is signed by both of us, numbered and limited to 100 pieces. [More details HERE.]
All proceeds are going to pay an unexpected IRS tax bill. Your support and help are greatly appreciated, plus you get a pretty sweet piece of art for your wall. Hate art? Hate walls? Donations are also incredibly appreciated, if that’s more your style.
Where has HijiNKS ENSUE been? I took some time off for the holidays to basically relax, enjoy my family, finish some WAY overdue digital sketches and make some plans for 2014. Here’s a bit more of an explanation.
Here’s a short list of what I’ve got planned for 2014:
- Finish selling all of the fundraiser prints THIS MONTH and pay dem taxes!
- Finish the last handful of Fancy Digital Sketches (6 or 7 of you are still waiting)
- Start a Patreon campaign for HijiNKS ENSUE to will ensure more frequent comic updates and an actual update schedule (a FIRST for HE)
- Do WAY LESS conventions. So far I am only scheduled for 2 conventions in 2014 (and a handful helping out the guys at Cyanide & Happiness). I want to focus on comic, comics, COMICS this year and all the travel and con prep is too much of a distraction from the one thing that should be the most important. COMICS.
- NEW BOOK! I am hoping to release a book that will contain most if not all of the remaining HE pop culture strips, so I can have them all in a nice collection and move on to making books of the story based comics in 2015.
- Website improvements! A friendlier layout, updated character and about pages, a better archive, separating the pop culture and story strips so it’s easier for new readers to get into the new comics, but still very easy to find and read the old ones, maybe less tan and brown…
- LOTS MORE! This is just the start. 2014 is sort of my “start over” year. I’m taking everything I’ve learned as a self employed pro-cartoonist over the last 6 years and making the changes that need to be made so I can still be a self employed pro-cartoonist in another 6 years.
Lots to do, lots of fun, lots of work and hopefully lots of support from you Fancy Bastards. Hey, here’s a weird idea. Come back tomorrow and I bet there might (maybe) be another new comic. What?! I know. More on that (and more on a solid update schedule) after the Patreon Campaign launches.
Part 2 of a interview I did with The Anglerfish is up HERE now. Part 1 is HERE. It’s a good read if you are interested in why I’ve made the recent changes to HE that I’ve made. I talk a lot about parenting and creative work and softball dads. Also I ramble a bit because I was actually drawing a comic while they were interviewing me.