Alternate title: You Down With LHC?
Post coming later today (assuming the universe is still here).
I’ve been planning an LHC (yeah, you know me) comic for about a month and today seemed like the best time to pull the trigger. Acting under the assumption that there this is still an “is” and the Swiss have failed at their attempt to explode every molecule in our bodies at the speed of light, I’ll go ahead and breath a cautious sigh of relief. I’m all for science. Don’t get me wrong. I’m just more for… being and such.
I have a relative that worked on the Superconducting Super Collider here in TX before the project was shut down and the miles of underground tunnels were converted to miles of ABANDONED underground tunnels. I used to hope that they would get it up in running and I would be able to sneak on on “Family Day” or something and use the machine to shoot a peanut butter sandwich through an orangutan. Seems like they would have an ample supply of both.
I’ve been collecting Large Hadron Collider related links for a few weeks in hopes of making some sense out of any of these “Big Un-Bang” claims that have been floating around the tubertrons. In the end, the only thing that was clear was that “Goatsengularity” is the reason I was put on earth. I have enriched the world and touched each of your lives and now I can return to my stasis pod and sleep for 1000 years or until I am needed again.
A few FB’s made their peace with the world on the eve of it’s destruction.
Here’s the links I mentioned:
- Landmark experiment to unlock secrets of Big Bang could cause end of the world, say scientists in court bid to halt it
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About the Large Hadron Collider, via Rap
- COURTS WEIGH DOOMSDAY CLAIMS
- LHC will not destroy the universe in 5 days
- How U.S. Researchers Are Making the Switch to the Large Hadron Collider
- Scientists get death threats over Large Hadron Collider
- “Anyone Who Thinks the LHC Will Destroy the World is a Twat.”
- Large Hadron Collider will not turn world to goo, promise scientists
- The LHC Will Revolutionize Physics. Can it Revolutionize the Internet Too?
- World to end Wednesday
- CERN’s LHC ‘First Beam’ to be broadcast live on Wednesday
- World Doesn’t End on Wednesday, and You Can Watch It Live
- Hawking bets CERN mega-machine won’t find ‘God’s Particle’
- The Large Hadron Collider Will Not Destroy the World Tomorrow, or Ever