Reading about my continuing health problems, HE reader and super fancy illustrator Lee Bretschneider sent me this fantastic guest comic without me even having to ask. Check out his portfolio at AdventuringCompany.com, and his comic “Wheelchair Romeo.” Also check him out getting his back waxed at RIGHT HERE. It’s awful.
Normally I would ask a potential guest-comicer to clear their intentions with me first, but Lee had the foresight to be incredibly talented which precludes the need for artist clearance. I’m very grateful for the helping hand seeing as how I spent 12 hours in the emergency room yesterday.
If you want to play catch-up on my most recent medical misadventures you can do so on the Twitters starting from here.
- Thought I had an aneurysm [9/24]
- CT Scan and Spinal Tap proved I was OK
- $1400 bill
- Spinal Tap didn’t heal correctly so my brain didn’t have enough brain juice to float in causing 24 hour migraines/nausea for 7 days
- migraines got out of control, chest and neck pain started, vision started going wonky
- Wet to ER at “poor folks” hospital downtown [9/30]
- They wanted to treat me with pain meds and send me on my way
- 10 hours later they agreed to to the blood patch I needed to repair my spinal fluid leak
- 12 hours total and $1600 later I went home and slept for almost 24 hours
Now that my medical bills have topped $3000, I am considering some kind of donation drive or limited print sale to help take care of them. If you have ideas, let me know. Otherwise I will think about it and post something next week.
BOOK UPDATE: The books should be here on Monday [10/5/09]. I leave for Baltimore Comic-Con a few days later so there probably won’t be any books shipped until I get back. I may do some live streaming of the book signings/sketchings on Ustream.
Thank you all for your continued support and kind words through what has been one of the crappiest months of my life.